Classification and Compensation Manager
$85,000 – $95,000 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Classification and Compensation Manager
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, Talent Acquisition and Compensation, the Classification and Compensation Manager, manages, implements, communicates, consults, and trains on all staff and non-represented student employee classification and compensation programs. The incumbent works collaboratively on classification and compensation issues, with the Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation and AVP of Human Resources.
- Administers in-range progressions, classification reviews, stipend and bonus programs for staff and administrator positions.
- Provides oversight for the position management module in PeopleSoft, and acts as liaison with the Chancellor's Office (CO) representing the campus on staff and administrator classification and compensation issues.
- Provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management of classification and compensation strategies to retain high-quality and diverse staff.
- Directs and performs general oversight and manages day-to-day operations of the Classification and Compensation team and the Customer Service team.
- Educates and develops training for managers and staff employees on classification standards and career pathways for the purpose of developing a skilled workforce and increasing retention. Collaborates to develop career paths and competency models, culture initiatives, skill development, educational growth, and talent processes. Coaches managers and key talent to support career development, leadership effectiveness, and pipeline growth.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3MLSzeF
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Human Resources Management, Public Administration, or related field.
- Equivalent to two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management in an organization with complex personnel systems, preferably in a public institution of higher education or a government agency.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Thorough knowledge of the human resources function and its impact on the organization. Expert knowledge of the concepts and principles underlying position classification and compensation systems. Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation. Knowledge of the methods and problems of organizational management and the principles and practices of human resources management. Knowledge of theories and principles of internal and external market analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, presentation skills, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills. Ability to understand a variety of complex problems and generate creative solutions. Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions. Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of CSU and CSUN policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements, and state and federal labor laws. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to set and multi-task priorities and deadlines to ensure that multiple projects are consistently completed in a timely manner. Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in effectively establishing and maintaining positive working relationships, support a culture of mutual respect and effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization. Ability to work effectively with a diverse multicultural environment. Ability to lead by inspiring, motivating and mentoring others toward goal achievement. Strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clarity and proficiency.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $85,000 - $95,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through June 6, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/528087/classification-and-compensation-manager
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency