Director of Connected Planning and Resource Analysis (Finance and Business Affairs Director)
Job ID: 25674
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brooklyn College invites applications for the Director of Connected Planning and Resource Analysis(Finance and Business Affairs Director). Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration (SVPFA), with latitude for independent judgment and decision making, the Director of Connected Planning and Resource Analysis provides decision support on financial matters. The incumbent must work closely with the SVPFA and the SVPFA’s Cabinet to provide information and services to the campus community.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee assigned functions for the SVPFA ensuring efficiency and effectiveness and optimizing the use of available resources. Ensure timely completion of ongoing projects.
- Develop financial forecasting models, using various tools, that support efforts to achieve equitable student outcomes within fiscal realities.
- Synthesize complex information into presentations and data visualization for various audiences to enhance efforts to “tell the Brooklyn College story” and how financial planning enhances that story.
- Document processes, policies, and procedures. Analyze business processes and provide recommendations and action plans to streamline and automate processes to support more efficient use of resources. Direct the implementation of process improvements.
- Collaborate with the SVPFA and the AVP for Budget and Finance in efforts to work with divisions, sub-divisions, and department to implement strategic financial plans to support growth and efficient utilization of resources.
- Develop long term planning models for Facilities and Information Technology that support the preservation of our campus infrastructure and future growth.
- Serve as a member of the college-wide team participating in the NACUBO Strategic Finance initiative.
- Work closely with college-wide Strategic Enrollment Intelligence Team.
- Serve as an advisor to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Attend meetings and communicate relevant information.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in a large complex institution or in higher education required.
- Experience in utilizing software to produce analytics budget information required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Directs financial and administrative operations of a College or major program.
- Oversees financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner and complies with various legal regulations and University policies
- Develops financial forecasting models to support strategic planning aligned with goals and initiatives
- Recommends and implements strategic college-wide policies to ensure financial compliance is maintained
- Oversees business analyses, budget projections, allocations, financial statements, and statistical reports
- Develops and manages relationships in regard to fiduciary responsibilities with external institutions, including government agencies, corporations, and funding entities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$124,656 - $141,858; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now'', create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ .
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume in .doc or .pdf format.
December 1, 2022
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.