This job is archived
Job Title: Associate Bursar (Enrollment Bursar Manager)
Job ID: 24859
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brooklyn College is soliciting applications for the position of Associate Bursar. Reporting to the Bursar, the Associate Bursar will manage the collection and deposit process of tuition and fees and supervise the payment services staff at the Enrollment Services Center, the College’s one stop student services center. The Associate Bursar serves as a deputy in the Bursar’s absence and recommends needed changes or improvements.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage full-time and part-time Bursar staff. Schedule staff and serve as an escalation point for cashiers. Resolve escalated student issues. Manage box office staff and ensure all cash handling procedures are adhered to.
- Manage the full collections process from when students first incur a balance through to collection agency placement.
- Manage the collection and deposit of tuition and fees and departmental funds.
- Implement a communication plan to ensure students pay their tuition in a timely manner. Coordinate with the Collections Specialist to aid in the collection of past due tuition and fees.
- Effectively communicate with departments that interact with the Enrollment Services Center.
- Manage the student payment advisement process and ensure quality service.
- Manage various technology platforms such as a chatbot and the EAB system for advisement appointments. Ensure inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Verify documents for accuracy by reviewing supporting data and records and assisting in audit functions.
- Perform reconciliation on student accounts including third-party contracts and the Nelnet payment plan. Run appropriate queries in CUNYfirst, and report findings to management.
- Develop procedures and policies for improved efficiency and customer service. Manage the upkeep of documentation for the Bursar department including updating existing policies and procedures as well as documenting new policies and procedures.
- Serve as escalation point for all staff in the absence of the Bursar. Assume responsibility for the management of the Student Payment Services area and cash management processes to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to. Assist with the operation of the area as needed.
- Attend monthly CUNY Bursar Council meetings. Keep informed about changes in federal and state regulations to make sure the college stays in compliance. Communicate important information to staff and other departments. Effectively communicate with CUNY Central as needed.
- Perform other related duties, such as generating productivity reports and other financial documents, as assigned.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in Higher Education Financial Services.
- Leadership Experience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively across various student service areas a must.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Manages a College student accounts function and related activities.
- Participates in developing and implementing strategies, policies and procedures to ensure the prompt billing and timely collection of student receivables
- Manages daily office operations; supervises the accuracy and security of student revenue transactions; enforces College and University policies regarding the collection of tuition and fees
- Analyzes office performance against revenue targets and other relevant benchmarks; recommends and implements improvements
- Assists management with developing strategic plans, evaluating outcomes and ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May serve as College's Return to Title IV Compliance Officer
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$66,455 - $88,602; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ .
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume in .doc or .pdf format.
September 15, 2022
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.