- The district pays 100% of the cost of medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees and dependents
- $100,000 life insurance policy
- Up to $250 of benefit credits per month to help pay for a variety of voluntary benefit options, such as supplemental life insurance, disability coverage, and health care/dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Vacation, sick leave, and up to 18 paid holidays
- State pension system retirement benefits (CalPERS)
- Free and confidential employee assistance program
- Wellness Program
- Participation in the District’s Early Retirement Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tuition fee reimbursement
- Childcare Facility (Oceanside Campus)
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number. The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is 11:59 pm on Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. A cover letter addressed to the “Screening and Interview Committee” specifically describing how you meet the desirable qualifications and representative duties.
4. Transcripts of college coursework that provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 3) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 4) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 5) fingerprint clearance; and 6) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
The Business Systems Analyst, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) has general responsibility for the administration of the CRM system, including the configuration of new functionality, maintenance of existing functionality, and end-user support for issues and requests, in support of student recruitment, retention, and success. This position interfaces directly with internal stakeholders to perform complex analyses of business practices, processes, and workflows; assesses the needs and designs solutions to meet those needs utilizing the full features and capabilities of the CRM and related systems; collaborates with developers and other technical staff in AIS providing requirements and technical specifications for data integrations and custom development projects; and performs testing and validation to ensure compliance with specifications. This position also performs operational tasks such as adding or removing users, assigning security, adding custom fields, creating custom reports, and providing end-user training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Analyze business requirements, select effective solutions and coordinate with other Business Systems Analysts, Applications Developers and management teams to ensure system integrity and efficient and effective systems operations; work closely with users to define and analyze business and operational problems; perform a variety of advanced analytical, internal consulting and project leadership/oversight duties to enable multiple stakeholders in the district to achieve business, administrative and academic objectives efficiently and effectively.
2. Perform complex cross-departmental functional analyses including mapping, setup, system modeling, testing and troubleshooting of systems to recommend implementation practices; perform complex functional analyses of third-party computer applications, reporting functions, assessment, scanning and other testing; develop procedures and user manuals to maintain consistency of computer use throughout the district.
3. Act as liaison between business users in assigned departments and Academic Information Systems (AIS) technical staff in the development, implementation and enhancement of designated enterprise system modules; lead and facilitate the analysis of assigned area’s business processes, practices and work/data flows for improvements and to ensure effective operations using enterprise system processes; identify integration points between modules from a data flow, business process and applications perspective.
4. In cooperation with AIS, coordinate all assigned systems testing of module patches, fixes and updates in the test database to ensure proper functioning of the revised system and proper integration with remaining systems; participate in functional end-user testing and check system integrity and integration prior to release to the production environment.
5. Evaluate potential software solutions including off-the-shelf and open-source components and system architectures to ensure district business requirements are met; interact with vendors and attend vendor training as needed.
6. Analyze, test and model the results of system setup to determine appropriate functionality, performance, data integrity and third-party software interface connections; make recommendations for system changes/corrections as necessary.
7. Assist user teams with special projects such as system upgrades and system implementations; evaluate requests for software enhancements; provide guidance to end users on application use and operating parameters; translate user expectations into technical specifications for enhancements and customizations; consult with other district staff on business process changes; research these changes for potential problems and develop and implement solutions.
8. Provide training to end-users on the use of applications; meet with users to provide information on system changes and address questions or issues; instruct users on setup and execution of specific processes; design and develop training materials; conduct or coordinate training sessions; evaluate training programs to ensure their effectiveness in meeting goals and objectives.
9. Using advanced reporting tools, analyze, design and write specialized queries and custom reports to generate required data and reports on a periodic or ad hoc basis.
10. Support of MIS/state/federal reporting requirements by assembling information, verifying accuracy, inputting and/or overseeing the input of information into various system databases and staying current with new requirements. If new requirements are needed, ensuring all technology is updated accordingly.
1. Assist AIS technical staff with debugging SQR and SQL code and independently develop solution recommendations.
2. Participate in various project team activities, tasks and meetings.
3. May act as project lead for small to medium-sized projects.
4. Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems.
5. Configure and maintain online curriculum management database/web application or other outside module sub-system as needed.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Principles, practices and methods of business process and systems analysis, including business modeling using data and process flow diagrams.
2. System design theory, concepts and principles including data management and administration and development concepts.
3. Methodologies for developing program and user documentation.
4. Methods and practices for conducting unit and system testing and creation of test cases.
5. Systems integration and business process reengineering concepts.
6. Project management tools and techniques.
7. Interrelationships of campus departments and their interrelated information systems.
8. Functionality of the district’s enterprise business system.
9. Practices and techniques of training and instruction, particularly as related to computer software and applications, and development of user training materials.
10. Personal computer hardware and software components.
11. Operational characteristics of various computer programs and software packages.
12. Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
13. Written and oral communication skills including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
1. Learn quickly, understand and apply user business processes and requirements to consult effectively with managers and users.
2. Perform complex business process analyses and reach sound, logical conclusions regarding essential user needs and requirements.
3. Facilitate and lead user meetings, negotiate understanding and build consensus agreements.
4. Define the scope and objectives for initiatives and projects, estimate resource needs and track and manage tasks for implementation.
5. Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment, either as a team member or team leader.
6. Identify information management issues and opportunities, analyze problems and alternatives and develop sound recommendations.
7. Read, interpret, explain and apply complex technical information on systems processes and interdependencies for technical and non-technical audiences.
8. Analyze software setups accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
9. Develop end-user manuals.
10. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
11. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
12. Operate a computer and standard business software.
13. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability issues.
14. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
15. Work confidentially with discretion.
Education & Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, management information systems or a related field, and four years of progressively responsible professional experience in advising clients on technology solutions, conducting business process analyses and performing basic project oversight responsibilities; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in an academic setting is preferred.
1. Previous experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) or Case Management applications, such as Salesforce, TargetX, Starfish/EAB Navigate, etc.
2. Previous experience managing enterprise applications in a higher education environment, such as Oracle PeopleSoft or Ellucian Banner.
3. Previous experience with reporting tools, such as Tableau, SQL, PS Query, etc.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
A valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district’s vehicle insurance program.
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent interruptions; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; may work at any district location or authorized facility with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be requested.
Posting Number: S21/22051P
Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or [Register to View]
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: Applications submitted by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 will receive first consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7c587f5fb2063047b5c676a678b653ac