This job is archived
Job Title: Bursar Coordinator
Job ID: 23950
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Assistant Bursar for Student Payment Services, the Bursar Coordinator is primarily responsible for counseling students in meeting college financial obligations, and resolving student account issues.
The Bursar Coordinator will:
- Serve as liaison to the Call Center, Enrollment Services Center, Registrar, and the Office of Financial Aid.
- Advise students on all options available to them for payment of tuition and fees.
- Review student account information and conduct appropriate research to rectify any issues. Initiate and follow up on CRM tickets to CUNY Central for assistance with troubleshooting account issues that cannot be handled at the local campus level.
- Work closely with the Collections Coordinator to maximize revenue for the College.
- Coordinate outreach to students with outstanding balances.
- Review tuition liability cases and adjust accounts as appropriate.
- Review office communications for accuracy and consistency.
- Update and maintain the Bursar’s Office website including directory information.
- Assist with the supervision of the Enrollment Services Center in the evening as necessary.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Provides operational support for a College student accounts function.
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; responds to student account inquiries
- Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now'', create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ .
Applicants should upload a cover letter and current resume in .doc or .pdf format.
June 10, 2022
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.