The Social Media and Digital Engagement Consultant knows how to build a strong social media network across various social media channels. This person is curious, creative, connected, and collaborative, proactively seeking stories and ideas from across the institution that are salient for social media. The Social Media and Digital Engagement Consultant will help shape and develop the Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) social media strategy and execute it within the calendar through campaigns that amplify and strengthen MCW’s brand, strategic initiatives, and partnerships. This individual will be instrumental in the planning and execution of content strategy and social media from conception to completion ensuring messaging drives forward the institution’s strategic framework and aligns with MCW’s values and brand.
The incumbent will be a strong collaborator who brings persistence and strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leads social media strategy for MCW
- Build and execute on a social influencer strategy by segmenting and targeting audiences and messages
- Sources and executes feature stories to complement overall engagement and social media strategies
- Identifies and reports on social media trends to help reach target and / or new audiences
- Implements social media campaigns, including paid, to build engagement and expand reach to target audiences. Monitors the effectiveness of campaigns and the return on investment.
- Actively engages in industry best practices, conferences, chats, blogs, video sharing, etc. to promote corporate messaging and increase brand awareness, which will drive brand traffic to company website.
- Uses social media analytic tools to measure the effectiveness of social media sites.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, assign and complete projects.
- Demonstrates strong writing abilities by crafting messages that are clear, engaging, actionable and relatable.
- Manages MCW’s corporate social media sites, ensuring they are updated daily, and messaging is timely and relevant
- Monitors mentions of MCW on social media sites and engages in dialogue when both positive and negative information is posted
- Creates and posts compelling content that is relevant and appropriate for target audiences and channels
- Works with resources to create graphic and video content
- Manages social media stakeholders
- Provides guidance to department and program-based social media sites
- Engages leaders and stakeholders in social media strategy, practices and trends
- Provides feedback to communications leaders and others on public feedback, complaints, and conversations surrounding MCW
- Leads the relationship with departments and individuals submitting content for consideration
- In collaboration with integrated team leaders, determine priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources and processes to ensure creative campaigns and deliverables are high-quality, strategically aligned, completed within deadlines and budgets, and have undergone the appropriate internal reviews
- Manages the review and approval of communications deliverables; ensures the messages reflect MCW and partner organization priorities and style guidelines.
- Partners with Communications team and partners to proactively identify and respond to creative and content opportunities that are timely, engaging and strategically relevant.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent progressive experience required
Minimum Required Experience: 5 years
Preferred Field of Study: Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Public
Relations or related field
Certification / Licensure None; Facebook Blueprint certified preferred
Prior Experience: 5-7 years of integrated communications experience. Demonstrated experience with social media strategy and planning.