We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Events Consultant you will be working in Milwaukee, WI. You will work independently with direction from the Events Marketing & Experience Manager, be responsible for the strategic consultation, planning and execution of Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) university, alumni and fundraising events from inception to completion ensuring events align with MCW’s mission and values.
- Plan, execute and consult for university (internal and external), fundraising and alumni events.
- Collaborate and integrate with Major Gift Officers, Communication Consultants and Creative Services team to strategically align events to fundraising goals and MCW’s brand strategy goals.
- Event lead as assigned. Develop event plans that includes communications and fundraising plans and event collateral such as printed materials, video storytelling and promotional materials.
- Develop budgets for review and approval for individual events. Manage event to budget throughout planning process.
- Oversees development of event materials, including production and installation.
- Responsible for handling and processing currency for registration and/or donations for fundraising events.
- Identifies appropriate resources for events team. Direct and oversee onsite event set up with attendees, staff, and volunteers.
- Actively participates on committees, disease boards, project teams for institutional projects and initiatives, including preparing materials and agendas, facilitating meetings, following up on action items and completing and distributing minutes.
- Shares administrative responsibilities with Events Specialist to maintain records, compiling mailing list, tracking attendees, transportation of materials, promotional inventory management, facilities reservations and management, etc.
- Form and maintain partnerships with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts.
- Effectively manages schedules and priorities.
- Share new ideas, expectations, operational challenges, and information with senior and executive leaders.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
5-7 years of event planning experience
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Hospitality, Marketing
Experience in event planning in academic environment
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
\Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community.